- Be able to evaluate web sites according to purpose, design, navigation and usability.
- Be able to apply a set of criteria to evaluate a website.
- Be able to understand what makes a high quality web site.
- Understand what makes a design great.
- Understand the basics of layout and composition.
- Understand the concepts of Contrast, Repetition, Alignment, Proximity.
- Understand Visual Balance, and Weight Allocation for Usability
- Understand the basic concepts related to using color on the web.
- Be able to create a custom color theme with swatches
- Be able to choose and combine fonts for a website
- Understand the difference between a font and a typeface.
- Understand why it is important to develop websites that comply with web standards.
- Understand the importance of quality content, page titles and page descriptions for SEO.
Introduction to Graphic Design with Justin Seeley (video)
How to Design a Logo (video)
Examples of Contrast, Repetition, Alignment and Proximity (text)
Visual Balance and Weight Allocation for Usability (text)
Balance and Contrast Examples (text)
Color Emotion Guide (image)
The differences between a Hue, Tint, Shade and Tone (text)
Guide to Choosing Fonts (image)
Helvetica Font (video)