- Understand how to create an ER (Entity Relationship) diagram.
- Understand the basics of relational databases.
- Understand the difference between a primary key and a foreign key.
- Be able to define database relationships: one-to-one, one-to-many, and many-to-many
- Have a basic understanding of the concept of normalization.
- Be able to prevent duplicate, inconsistent, and conflicting data entries.
Database Design for Mere Mortals: A Hands-On Guide to Relational Database Design (3rd Edition). Buy at Amazon