- Know how to create a child theme.
- Know how to convert an HTML website (HTML and CSS files) into a WordPress custom theme.
- Be able to build a WordPress navigation menu.
- Be able to use custom fields.
- Know how to create custom page templates.
- Be able to add widget areas to a theme.
- Know how to add theme support for featured images.
- Understand how and when to use Custom Post Types.
- Know how to modify the functions.php file to load custom scripts and style sheets.
You must build a complete WordPress theme from scratch. You may choose any type of theme but it must be focused on one particular area. For example a theme that can be used by artists to display their work.
- Your theme should include an option to choose different page layouts. For example full-width, left sidebar… etc..
- Your theme should utilize custom post types.
- Your theme should use custom fields where needed.
- Consider layout, color, texture, typography, and imagery in making your theme visually attractive.
- Consider usability and navigation. Your theme should be easy to use for the purchaser of the the theme.
- Your theme must be responsive
- All pages in your theme should be validated
- You will be evaluated according to the rubric