Although there is a specific section dedicated to the learning/teaching of Graphics students will continue to develop their Photoshop and Illustrator skills throughout the course.
- Understand how to effectively use graphics on web pages.
- Know how to find copyright free images on the web.
- Understand the difference between bitmap and vector graphics.
- Understand the concepts of pixels and resolution.
- Be able to appropriately size images for web pages with Photoshop.
- Understand image file formats and when to use them effectively.
- Know how to optimize images and export them for the web using both Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Know how to utilize the Photoshop shape tools to make a basic shape and fill it with color.
- Know how to select colors using the Photoshop color palette.
- Know how to maintain consistency in color using hexadecimal values.
- Understand how to use Photoshop layers effectively.
- Know how to create a favicon image.
- Understand how to use the Photoshop selection tools to cut out objects or isolate them from their backgrounds.
- Be able apply Photoshop layer effects such as drop shadow, glow, and bevel and emboss.
- Be able to adjust the opacity of a layer or object.
- Be able to use Photoshop layer blending properties to create more advanced blending effects.
- Know how to sharpen images using Photoshop filters.
- Understand how to add a CSS background-image to an element on the page.
- Be able to create and understand paths in Adobe Illustrator.
- Be able to create complex shapes using drawing objects.
- Be able to Apply Fill or Stroke to objects and understand the difference between CMYK and RGB.
- Know how to trace an image with Illustrator.
- Know hot to effectively use the Pen Tool in Illustrator.
Terry White Beginner Tutorial (video)