- Understand the difference between a class and an object.
- Be able to create objects.
- Be able to define and use classes.
- Have an understanding of properties and methods.
- Be able to understand inheritance and extend a class.
- Be able to understand how to use static properties and methods.
You must build a complete responsive website that allows for content management by the client.
- Create a custom plugin to display portfolio items for the client’s paintings. The plugin should have an admin options page that allows the user to choose how the portfolio is displayed.
- The client would like the name of the painting and an image of the painting displayed for each portfolio post.
- The client would like the paintings to be classified into three galleries.
- The client would like an about page, and a contact form page. You can makeup a fake bio for the about page, include the author’s picture (site assets folder) on the about page.
- Create a child theme for a theme of your choice.
- Create a custom post type called portfolio.
- Use custom fields where needed.
- Your plugin you will need to display the porfolio posts.
- The post can display in any way you wish to design. It could even have a rollover effect or could use some jquery special effects (ie. you could use a jquery plugin.)
- Make it responsive.
- You will be evaluated according to the rubric
- You may add any other options if you have time. For example you could add an option to add likes to posts.
- You could even display posts according to which ones have the most likes. Use your imagination in terms of options.
- Try to integrate some ajax into the site.